Friday, April 24, 2009

It should be more draining to be someone you aren't

Than to be someone YOU ARE. Key word is "should be." I could easily just sit there and be pretty and then mostly everyone would probably just leave me alone. I refuse to be just that. I want to be me, and that's a "dancing girl." I don't care where or what time of day it is, if I want to dance I will!

It is so draining sometimes getting the brunt of people's jokes, but at the same time, I mostly just ignore. It's funny that people would pay so much attention to me, yet I pay them no attention. I didn't know how much attention I attracted until I started doing this weekend routine of dancing in SoHo. People have come to know me there, and for all the new people that see me for the first time, are quick to judge. At the end of the day, people may laugh, but what matters most, is, who will have the last laugh. People from all over the world have come to visit New York, stopped in their tracks to record me dancing or take pictures of me. Just even that, I'm flattered. I wish that people would have just as much fun, or not feel so repressed that they can only sit there.

There are so many gorgeous women that come to the restaurant I dance in front of. Yes, they are amazingly beautiful and get VIP treatment, but I wouldn't ever trade who I am as a person to be them. I often times feel like the outsider looking in, because they refuse to give me service at this high-end restaurant, (I've never even disrespected or stepped on anyone's toes). I guess it is because I'm a "commoner." Commoner or poor as I may be, I'm still richer in passion and soul than any of those people that peer at me, watching me like a sideshow.

I'M OUT!

1 comment:

  1. Good going. Thank you for sharing. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete